cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Router regularly losing broadband ethernet connection to Sony KD-55XE8396 TV

OK: I am about to give up on NOW TV and swap to another provider.  This forum is my last shot at trying to fix this problem.

Have in my house a Sony KD-55XE8396 TV and a PC.  One Ethernet lead from the Now TV router to the TV and another from the router to my desktop PC.  If we watch Netflix, iplayer, Prime or any other internet TV service on our TV for more than thirty minutes or so we get an error message saying the TV has lost ethernet connection to the router.  I then go through the following steps on the TV:

Select Network setup

Select Network Settings

Select Expert

Select Expert

Select IP settings

Select IP settings

Select Static

Static

Select IP Address (leave at 192.168.1.128)

IP Address (leave at 192.168.1.128)

Gateway (leave at 192.168.1.1)

Gateway (Leave at 192.168.1.1)

Network Prefix Length (leave at 24)

Network Prefix Length (leave at 24)

DNS 1 (Leave at 8.8.8.8)

DNS 1 (Leave at 8.8.8.8)

DNS 2 (leave at 8.8.4.4)

DNS 2 (leave at 8.8.4.4)

It then saves automatically

Save

Then I go back into IP settings and choose DHCP when it all then starts working again.

I have telephoned the Now TV helpline and all they keep telling me to do is reboot the router which last about 30 minutes before it goes wrong again.  I have go into the router settings to stop the router being DHCP server (hoping the TV would take over being DHCP server) but then it stops me getting to sites like ebay whilst allowing me to sites like google (which is just strange).  Can someone possibly help!!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My Computer & Networking knowledge is non existent, but see if there is anything in this link taken from the Sky community Forum, where the NowTV Hub Routers are Sky Clones.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/IPV6-connection-issue/m-p/2920388#M115159 

The above link might not be relevant, but worth a read i suppose.

I have no problems using my NowTV Hub 2 Router over Ethernet with a 8 way Ethernet switch ( though i don't assign any of my internet devices with a fixed IP address or fixed DNS and just leave things auto assign themselves).

Obviously please ignore this post if the information is not relevant to your issues where i am an AV Guy and have zero knowledge about IT 😡.

Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable on the forum using the NowTV Hub Routers will come to your assistance.

Hope you get it sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I create a static IP address for only the TV?