cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Router access

Hi,

Newbie to NowTv so apologies if this has been asked and answered already, I've searched through the forum but not yet come up with a workable answer.

I'm looking to get into the Hub 2 and adjust one or two of the settings manually and don't seem to be able to find the Username and Password required. I've seen suggestions it's "Admin" & "nowtv" but tried those exactly and in various other forms, so far without success. Any other useful suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. You access the router settings via a web-browser by 192.168.0.1 into the address bar. When prompted for a username and password the default is 'admin' and 'nowtv' (all lowercase) so these should work unless you've changed them in the past to something else.

If they don't work the only way to reset these is to reset the hub back to factory settings. You can do this by pressing in the reset button at the back of the router for a good 10-15 seconds and you should then be able to use the above details again. If you do reset the hub bear in mind you'll lose any changes you've already made to the hub, and the wireless network name and password will default back to the ones on the sticker. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the message. I've tried just as suggested (I'd already tried it tbh but thought I would again)  still no joy. I've never reset the password or username. It's only been out of the box 4 days so I've not really had a chance. My concern if the default "out of the box" credentials are not correct then what is and who may have them? Think it's reset time. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the message. I've tried just as suggested (I'd already tried it tbh but thought I would again)  still no joy. I've never reset the password or username. It's only been out of the box 4 days so I've not really had a chance. My concern if the default "out of the box" credentials are not correct then what is and who may have them? Think it's reset time. 

Doesn't sound right at all @Anonymous User 😕 It may be time for a reset. However if that doesn't work you can call us and we will get a replacement router sent out straight away.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I am also trying to change my router as the now TV one only works in some rooms. I have tried the user name admin and password  now tv  also Admin and now tv , and similar options  none work. 

I do not understand why now Tv will not give out this info. 

Can anyone suggest another user name and password which may work please?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Don’t put a space in ‘nowtv’

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.