cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Router Randomly Disconnecting

I've been having a problem where the WiFi will randomly go down for 5-10 minutes during the most of the day the connection and speed are fine but this will randomly happen a few times a day. The middle light on the router turns orange during this.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I require constant internet access for work and this is a big annoyance.

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

While it certainly shouldn’t do this even to a domestic user, NowTV Broadband is only intended for domestic use, which the contract makes clear.

If you require the reliability of a business service, this is something you would have to take up with an ISP who offers this, and of course whose monthly price would reflect the SLA, availability, business continuity and fallback options you negotiate with them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ,

Sorry , I may have given the impression. The broadband is only being used domestically with only 4 devices connected with no heavy usage. However I expect a stable connection if I need to check emails etc without random disconnections.

Is this a known issue? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Worry not - full disclosure - I do quite a lot of my job over my home broadband, but like you, it’s a very light load, probably less than an avid gamer.

I just know not to mention the business use as past of my expectation, as I know what my ISP’s response would be 😩

I don’t know what that middle orange light means exactly - try and find it documented anywhere - but I know it should be green if the internet is working OK.

So first try factory resetting it, and if that doesn’t fix it, get on to NowTV Broadband, on the phone number they gave you under My Account/Orders & appointments (have a wee first unless you have a cordless phone, as it can take a while to get through). Who should test your line, fix any problems with it, and send you a new router if they decide yours is faulty.

Good luck!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.