cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Router Connection Now Hub 2

I had been having issues with a networked speaker dropping it's connection (or seeming to) for the past week. Today this has gone to extremes. My wifi speaker can connect to bbc sounds, but not spotify, my wirelessly connected laptop can connect to some websites, but not others (most notably it could not connect to nowtv.com), and it cannot connect to my pc connected through ethernet (Phone, laptop and computer cannot connect to the router Hub Two's control panel). I have turned all devices off and on again and the router is sitting with 3 green lights on power internet and wireless. This all was noticed as failing at 11:30GMT 11/02/2022. Given that communication with the router will not work, how can I resolve this?

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A few things that i would try.

1. Split the wifi Network on the NOW Hub 2 Router.

2. Make sure Broadband Buddy is set to the appropriate age rating (i use age 18 myself).

3. See if disabling IPV6 on the NOW Hub 2 Router makes a difference, where IPV6 is known to be a little buggy on the Sky Routers and it made a difference for me when using my NOW Hub 2 Router (no more dropouts using Spotify).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

1. I cannot access the NOW Hub 2 router. It won't talk to my devices to allow me to make that change.

2. See above.

3. See above.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the back of the Router for about 15 seconds ?

Also try a different internet browser when attempting to access the NOW Hub Router webpage settings by typing 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser url address bar.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No joys in either, I didn't expect the soft reset to work when the hard reset had failed, but had some hope that a change in browser might work given the patchy nature of the wireless (not ethernet) connection.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are going around in circles and not getting no joy out of the NOW Hub Router, then give the NOW Broadband Team a call (using the telephone number from this link page below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I called them & snap shot my set up giving my address my setup is fine as I’ve reset taken wires out etc but she said its been detected in my area down to sky??? I didn’t no sky was soul suppliers as I joined now tv contract with them only minimum package I pay every month 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Now is owned by Sky and uses the Sky infrastructure for its broadband.

If Sky have broadband problems, Now have broadband problems.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Given that you cannot connect to the routers interface on a wired PC, something very basic must be going on. I would disconnect everything, reboot the router and connect only the wired PC.

If the PC only works I would start adding things back one at a time.

If the PC only doesn't work, then disconnect it and try one other device (in case the PC is screwing up the LAN somehow). If it still doesn't work it will probably need a new router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My internet completely went off Friday evening I spoke on phone yesterday evening to say was fault in area governed by sky & would be resolved soon as possible still have no internet can anyone help as I thought was my now tv box so been told to keep it way setup is as shown pics still orange light!!