cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Review of the Now TV Combo Fibre Broadband Router

Ive had the Now TV Combo fibre broadband router for a few days now, and for anyone looking for info on it, here's my details/review.

Take the old Sky Routers that they used to do, before they updated it to match other current provided routers by other fibre providers... slap huge green lettering to advertise your service on either side of the box so theres no hiding it and BAM.... theres the router!

It (kinda) does what it says on the tin, in the sense that it connects you to the internet.

But, if youre after a fairly decent wifi signal (and I dont just refer to it lacking 5 ghz wifi, but the 2.4 ghz is pretty poor too) this isnt for you.

Want it to be discreet and seamlessly blend in with the surroundings? Not a chance.

Need guest wifi...? Tough.

Want to get rid of the lights on the front? Heres some black electrical tape, you can always whack it over the top of them?!

On the plus side...

erm...

Skys found a market for all the routers they didnt use a couple of years ago... recycling and all that!

(I did contact Now TV live chat and ask whether our own roiters can be used. Thats a big fat no.

I also discussed the lack of 5 ghz wifi and other features, they "took the feedback on board" and explained that as a new service they might consider updating their boxes in the future, but for now, these would do?!)

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Fritz box range of VDSL routers has the settings options available to connect to any ISP.
This does away with the need for the openreach fibre box which all ISP's provide when using BT's infrastructure.
I used my Fritz box to connect to the plusnet fibre service. Terms of contract aside.. it proved to be a much neater and reliable solution.