cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Resetting the line

Having had a bit of a slow start, I'd pluged the dsl filter into the an extention and not the main openreach scocket, so with having a privat engeineer coming to the house and not only explaining where the router would be best placed but also repaired an inturnal wire fault,fitted a new face plate filter, we have a fully working setup and connection,

My question is that the engineer advised that because of the wire fault, the line might be reset and retrained , if it continues to show low speed, everything is now working,

my question is how do i do the line reset ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You don’t - NowTV Broadband will do it at their end if their systems flag it up as necessary.

But give it a few days, never turning your router off, and if it isn’t pickIng up speed towards what you were promised (which might take a week) call the Broadband helpline, and flag it for them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You don’t - NowTV Broadband will do it at their end if their systems flag it up as necessary.

But give it a few days, never turning your router off, and if it isn’t pickIng up speed towards what you were promised (which might take a week) call the Broadband helpline, and flag it for them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Giving it a few days and so far its not been flaged, and in doing a line test it still shows as slow broardband 

Thanks for the advise, 

Anyone have any idea on how to contact now tv on this?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sureky you must have some paperwork, even if electronic, from NowTV Broadband, with the number to call them on for just such initial problems?

But if not, My Account/Broadband & calls/Moving Home will show you the number to call.