cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Removing a device

When you remove a device that you watch Now TV on , does it matter if you don’t sign out of Now TV , only I was wondering that if you didn’t sign out would it show up that you are still watching on one of your devices even though you’re not .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It doesn't matter if you have already got 4 registered devices on your account.

Should you have 3 or less devices registered to your account, when you watch something with your nowtv pass on the fourth device if you have signed into it, then this device will be automatically added to your account.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you remove a device from your account and haven't reached the four device limit, then once you watch something again with your nowtv passes that device will automatically be added again to your device list if you are still signed into the NowTV App of that device.

Should you have already reached the four device limit, then when you try to watch something with your NowTV passes on a device that is not already on your list, a message will pop up on the device screen saying " you have reached your device limit " and need too swap a device or you haven't got any device swaps left this calendar month and you need to wait until the first day of the next following month.

Hopefully the above makes some sort of sense, where i don't bother login out of my devices either registered or non registered to be honest.

Where i only sign out of a device, if i was giving the device away to somebody, where i would factory reset the device to remove all personal data from it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps   I don’t normally sign out , but I have a Now box and Roku  Express which I am signed into both, but was just wondering if I let’s say removed my Roku Express while still signed into Now TV and tried watching on another device, would Now TV still think that I am watching on the Roku as I have not signed out and think I’m watching on my 2 allowed devices even though my Roku is removed .

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are referring to the two nowtv streams at the same time, where you are watching on both the NowTV box and Roku Express and you want to watch on a third device.

Then there is no need to sign out of your Roku Express or NowTV box, just stop the nowtv content you was watching on the Roku Express and i would also suggest going back to the main NowTV menu screen and wait for about 10 minutes, then you should be able to watch your NowTV passes on the third device.

More info here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/maximum-number-of-simultaneous-streams

Apologies in advance if i have misunderstood your question.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  So basically then , when a device is removed from your list of devices, it doesn’t matter if you are still signed in to that removed device 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It doesn't matter if you have already got 4 registered devices on your account.

Should you have 3 or less devices registered to your account, when you watch something with your nowtv pass on the fourth device if you have signed into it, then this device will be automatically added to your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i wont  removing a ddivice

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you trying to remove a device from your account which is on your registered device list and don't want to use with nowtv anymore ?

If so, perhaps this help article linked below will explain things more clearly ?

No harm if you want to sign out of the NowTV App with your account details if you wish, where i don't personally bother and i am too lazy typing in my details again if i wish to re register that device again in the future.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

Edit - Missed your last post, so if the above is not relevant, then please disregard.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  I suppose what I’m basically asking is when you remove a device should you sign out of that device first  or does that not really matter ,

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are removing the device from your registered device list on your account.

Then you firstly need to go to My Account > " Devices " whilst signed in on here and remove it from your account.

You could then sign out of the NowTV App on that device that you are removing from the list if you wish to save yourself accidentally adding that device again if you mistakenly watch your nowtv passes on it should you have less than 4 devices currently allocated on your account.

If you have 4 devices already allocated on your account, then when you try playing something with your nowtv passes on the fifth device that you have already signed into it will come up with the message saying "device limit reached".