cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remove a device

Hi please help some how someone is using my now TV account I've just reset my password and thought it would kick everyone off, it hasn't and I currently can't access my now TV. 

What can I do to get this person off my account thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You also need to do a forced logout on all devices (see link below for further details).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/tips-to-help-you-keep-your-account-secure 

Plus i would suggest adding a Payment Pin to your account as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

remove some of my  devices  on my now tv 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Best to follow the sound advice provided by @schnapps in the post up from yours.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

At a guess - since this isn’t quite the issue that @schnapps replied to - you have hit the new ‘1 device at a time’ rule that replaces the old ‘2 devices at a time’ rule for members without Boost.

So two things:-

(i) you can’t remove devices;

(ii) it wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference if you could.

And your choices are:-

(i) suck it up and watch on only one device at a time;

(ii) pay £5/mo* for Boost and be able to use 3 devices at a time. Also not get adverts. And also get 1080p video and 5.1 surround sound, on compatible devices;

(iii) throw the Now teddy out of the streaming pram and spend the money elsewhere, on a rival service perhaps, or some DVDs, or whatever you choose.

You will not be alone in doing the latter, assuming all the member threats here to do this are actually carried out. And if enough people do it, maybe Now will rethink their strategy here.

* But after the initial £5 payment, start the Cancellation process straight away, and see what retention offer you get. I’m on £1/mo for three months, so that’s £8 for four months, a more acceptable £2/mo on average. And during the last month of the offer, I will do it again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.