cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

QOS

Is there any way to turn QOS on, on the now tv router, I play a lot of games but there are 4 of us here, and the random nature of my ping and lag is doing my head in, looked on line at qos so i could give my pc priority, but could not see it in the now tv settings, the other live on netflix and now tv and even when i have a ping of 36 in some games i still lag, getting huge like spikes here and there up to 10000 ms some times and even when my reported ping is in the 30's on lol my char can be all over the place still doing actions i canncled long ago.

Is there a way i can give my pc priority over all others?

I had a look in now tv router settings but could not see any for qos, is it even an option, if not can i use my own router on now tv?

6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User have you tried using your own router? I know some people do. However, there's no guarantee that it will work. Just be aware, troubleshooting issues won't be possible. So keep the Now one just in case.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User There's no QoS settings available on the NOW TV Hubs.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is there any way to turn QOS on, on the now tv router, I play a lot of games but there are 4 of us here, and the random nature of my ping and lag is doing my head in, looked on line at qos so i could give my pc priority, but could not see it in the now tv settings, the other live on netflix and now tv and even when i have a ping of 36 in some games i still lag, getting huge like spikes here and there up to 10000 ms some times and even when my reported ping is in the 30's on lol my char can be all over the place still doing actions i canncled long ago.

Is there a way i can give my pc priority over all others?

I had a look in now tv router settings but could not see any for qos, is it even an option, if not can i use my own router on now tv?

I wish there was a QoS setting to be honest @Anonymous User. The router i use in the house has these settings but i don't use them personally. How viable would it be for you to buy a set of Powerline Adapters? I use these for my PC and i'm getting around 28ms ping playing games like Rocket League (even though their servers suck right now) PUBG AND cs:go. Little to no lag, input lag whatsoever. I wonder why you are getting so much input lag while having a decent ping. I couldn't live with that so we'll have to find a fix. Are you using the latest NOW TV Router (Hub 2)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep I have the black one, I only got it in novemember, so its the new one, i am gussing its becuse my pc is on the 2nd floor and the router is on the 1st so its wirless, and the other people are all watching netflix on 22 inc ipad airs so gussing there is just a lot on the wifi, its not really practical for me to use a cable, as the router is 24 foot and a floor down.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rather than having an ethernet cable all the way from the router to your pc, you could try using a powerline adapter. The powerline adapter uses the electrical circuits in your home as the cable which means you don't need a long ethernet cable all the way to the router, you just need a power outlet near your pc and a power outlet near the router. I used a set of tp-link adapters which cost about £25 and it works great

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can recommend Solwise Homeplug AV2 powerline with NowTV hub 2. Works very well for me with an xbox hardwired into the powerline adapter rather than wifi in. The Solwise aren't the cheapest, but I guess that's for a reason...they're pretty good. They also seem to have QoS inbuilt although I haven't played with that. I too wish that the Hub2 had QoS built in, along with an easy 'parental control' feature to manage screen time.