cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rennix
Advocate

Problem with installing broadband

When the package arrived, I connected the router to the network, without waiting to get activation the internet . The Internet activation date has passed but there is still no internet connection. What to do in such a situation.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Rennix 

Call the broadband team.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412472
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
producer_ben
Mentor

I had a similar situation.

Similar in that my Broadband was active, but the landline didn't activate and it went well passed the stated "live date".

All i can suggest (like a previous person said), is to call : 03300 412472

Really bug the living daylights out of them.  I did this and it was soon sorted.  Admittedly there is a varying standard of opperatives.

They range from "yes Sir, we do it today" to "It is weekend, they do not work on weekends so it will not happen yet".  That one made me laugh as it is all automated these days.  The exchange get told at least a month in advance and if the jumpers are in place they're not touched and it's all down to the exchange equipment, owned by Now, Sky or other, to activate at midnight on the promised date.

Anyhow, I finally got through to someone who understood "how things should work" and not only did they resolve it, I highlighted that my master socket was in a dagerous location and they arranged for it to be moved to somewhere safer and less of a hazard.

So yes, be persistent.

Jayach
Elite 3

@producer_ben wrote:

The exchange get told at least a month in advance and if the jumpers are in place they're not touched and it's all down to the exchange equipment, owned by Now, Sky or other, to activate at midnight on the promised date.

That is really not true on FTTC. (which is all Now use)

From contracting to a new service it should be no more than 10-14 days, (but yes lately it can take longer) and an engineer will need to visit the cabinet to make the connection/change.

Apart from that the ISP will need to configure the service at their end, but yes that should be pretty automated but can still go wrong.

But the advice to continually badger them until it is working is spot on. The worst thing to do is think " I'll wait and see, I'm sure they know what they are doing".

producer_ben
Mentor

Hi Jayach,

It will depend upon whether the premesis has an exisitng install or not.

I was using my scenario, which is that I moved into a premesis that has a working socket.  The cabinet jumpering from E to D would already be in place.  If it wasn't then, I wouldn't have even got my broadband on the activation date.

In my scenario (and a scenario many witness), it's merely autonomous.  There's not even jumpering in the excahnge that's required as the euipment in the exchange provides both the broadband service and PSTN service.

Of course if you don't have either, then yes, it does require human intervention, but not in my situation. 

The OP didn't mention whether they had PSTN and no broadband, they didn't mention if it's a new provision, meaning that there was no existing provision.  In which case in the first situation, it would be autonomous and in the second scenario, yes human intervention required.