cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Previous tenant hasnt closed their account

Having trouble with Internet and phone. I've moved into a new flat and ordered my now tv broadband prior to moving in, the week I was due to move, it had been cancelled as the phone line was still active despite previous tenants having left the property months ago. The previous tenant has not closed their account with their provider (talk talk) which is stopping me from getting my broadband on the same line. I have no idea who the previous tenant was and the landlord has no forwarding details. Does anyone know how I go about solving this so I can get now tv broadband here as I need Internet quite badly for work! 

1 REPLY 1
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Having trouble with Internet and phone. I've moved into a new flat and ordered my now tv broadband prior to moving in, the week I was due to move, it had been cancelled as the phone line was still active despite previous tenants having left the property months ago. The previous tenant has not closed their account with their provider (talk talk) which is stopping me from getting my broadband on the same line. I have no idea who the previous tenant was and the landlord has no forwarding details. Does anyone know how I go about solving this so I can get now tv broadband here as I need Internet quite badly for work! 

Hi @Anonymous User This is a rare situation but it does happen unfortunately. There's no easy way to dot his unless calling Talk Talk and explaining the situation. It should be the landlords responsability ideallly though. We can't do anything on our side as it must be talk talk who process the cancellation.