cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PreEmptive Activation date

New NowTV customer here.

As a resolute optimist I hope my activation date will occur naturally, but since researching how many problems there are with it I wanted to make something clear.

I need this WiFi for important work and I need it on the date specified by NowTV. (27sept). If there is any unreasonable delay or lack of proper service, within reason, I won't hesitate to contact the appropriate legal services rapidly (which I have unfortunately had to before). 

In other words: Please ensure you fulfil your half of the contract appropriately NowTV. @Tony-D

Thank you, and I look forward to recommending this service to my colleagues. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

New NowTV customer here.

As a resolute optimist I hope my activation date will occur naturally, but since researching how many problems there are with it I wanted to make something clear.

I need this WiFi for important work and I need it on the date specified by NowTV. (27sept). If there is any unreasonable delay or lack of proper service, within reason, I won't hesitate to contact the appropriate legal services rapidly (which I have unfortunately had to before). 

In other words: Please ensure you fulfil your half of the contract appropriately NowTV. @Tony-D

Thank you, and I look forward to recommending this service to my colleagues. 🙂

No pressure then @Anonymous User 

We'll do our best and i'm sure we will hit the target 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your assistance @Tony-D . I am really happy to have a response from you so quickly 🙂 Looking forward to my great NOW TV Broadband! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In technical checks, the system is saying I have an overdue bill. When I go to payments or update my card details to a valid payment method it is blank and leaves me with the same warning. I’ve read other people who eventually find out that it was a “bug” in the system. If it hasn’t yet been fixed please fix it on my account so that I can get internet at the right time. 

System says I have no past or upcoming bills, yet technical checks says I have one overdue.

@Tony-D

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

It's a bug in their Technical Checks system, where i had the same message and did flag it up with the nowtv team back in April when i signed up to nowtv fibre.

After a few days going live on your activation date the message will disappear and you will then should be able to undertake a full Technical Check on your line.

The next message that you might encounter during the first couple of days after the activation date under Technical Checks that an Engineer is required (another glitch in the system for certain customers), again ignore the message and still complete the Technical Checks and if your line Download & Upload speeds look fine then don't worry about it and again the Engineers message will disappear in a few days after going live.

Obviously if the line down and up speeds look terrible contact the broadband team for further assistance.

To double check that nowtv are progressing your broadband order go to Orders & Appointments on here and if it's saying they are preparing the order, just sit back and wait for the Hub 2 router delivery which should be dispatched one week before your live activation date.

This is the screen shot of the message that i had under Technical Checks.

nowtv service check.PNG