cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Post Engineer Visit Broadband Activation

Hi, 

An engineer was scheduled today (my line activation day), and I got notification that he had been. I think this was to work on the box in the street. It said he has completed his work hours ago, so does that mean that it can still take up until midnight to go live, or should it have went live after he had finished? 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

For now all you can really do is leave the NOW Router left powered on.

If nothing happens by Midnight, then phone them in the morning (use the telephone number on this link page below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

The telephone number from the above link is open from 8am to 8pm each day.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is the NOW Hub Router already plugged in and powered up ?

If so have you three solid green lights on the front of the Router which means the internet is live.

Or is the middle light off , red / amber in colour which means you may still have to wait a little longer.

If nothing happens by Midnight, then contact the NOW Broadband Team after 8am tomorrow morning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thank you - it's all plugged in and ready to go but no light at all in
the middle of the other 2. Power and Wifi are green but Internet is not on
at all at the moment. Thank you for your prompt response.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

For now all you can really do is leave the NOW Router left powered on.

If nothing happens by Midnight, then phone them in the morning (use the telephone number on this link page below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

The telephone number from the above link is open from 8am to 8pm each day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks so much - just thought I'd check that it wasn't supposed to be
activated once the engineer had been out, rather just at some point today.
I'll see how it goes tonight and call tomorrow if any issues arise.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It should really be live as soon as the engineer has completed his work, unfortunately if it isn't they will just repeat the "it can take till midnight" mantra, so best call in the morning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's what I'm thinking

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I last swapped my ISP (not to Now), the Openreach engineer called me to ensure the new router was connected to the line so he could monitor that traffic was occurring.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you been contacted by the field BT Engineer that everything is up & running, then i would have thought within about 30 minutes the NOW Hub Router would come alive with the three green lights illuminated on the front of the Router.

When i have done three NOW Broadband switch overs for me and two family members, i didn't get any text, email or call during the scheduled live activation date, but thankfully everything went smoothly.

The latest switch on for me was between 7pm to 8pm from memory but the last one i did with NOW was about 3 years ago.

Might be a good idea to un mark the accepted solution, because your Broadband is not live yet and you might have to get back in touch with NOW if nothing happens later tonight.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for that detailed reply. I did think that it would make sense if he's been out it should now be activated but we will see. I'll post with whatever happens to this thread.