cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Port forwarding issues

I am trying to port forward two different ports one for a minecraft server and one for playing terraria, I have followed the instructions found on another part of the forum which has worked well for the minecraft port however any other port I try with the exact same method refuses to open. I'm sure it cannot be anything to do with my computer or network as it worked perfectly on another provider. Has anybody had a similar problem or have any ideas on how to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing it's not your NOW Broadband Buddy Settings is causing the issue connecting to a remote gaming server ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Unable-to-connect-to-game-server/m-p/558187#M7883 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have tried turning off broadband buddy and IPV6 as mentioned in the article you sent this still doesn't open the port for terraria. The issue that I'm having is my friends not being able to join a server on my computer. Not the other way around as in the article you have provided.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Give the NOW Broadband Team a call to see if they can assist you further on the matter.

Have you got their telephone number? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if these instructions can offer you some further help when setting up port forwarding on your NOW Hub 2 Router.

Though if you got the minecraft games server running, then it sounds like you have already followed the Sky instructions in the link below.

The instructions should be similar on the NOW Hub except use admin and nowtv for the username and password (unless you have changed them).

Sorry I can't help further, because I have never setup or have no need for port forwarding on my NOW Router and haven't really looked into it.

Also maybe other forum members will have more ideas.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-set-up-port-forwarding/ba-p/2662260