cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uchechukwu
Mentor

Poor wifi signal

I just had my broadband installed which I was told will give average speed of 50.5mb but It keeps fluctuating between 6 to 10mb.i have called NOW TV and they have asked me to switch channels but it didn't solve the problem.This problem is peculiar to the TV .When I run the speed check on my phone, it is up to 30mb but only 6 to 10mb on TV.what do I do please?

5 REPLIES 5
chilli2
Elite

Is the TV conected via wifi or ethernet?

if wifi is it on the 2..4ghz band or the 5ghz band?

if yoyu dont know what band, then try spitting the 2.4ghz and 5ghz band on te router settings, to be sure give each band a slightly different name (ssid)

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Uchechukwu 

Just to follow up from the advice from @chilli2 below is the link for all things “slow broadband” and changes that you can make. There is a section for splitting the Wi-Fi bands which @chilli2 mentioned.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Uchechukwu
Mentor

Thanks for your response...please must this connection be done with an ethernet cable? Can't I just connect via WiFi and then do the splitting.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Uchechukwu 

No need to use an Ethernet cable, just use an internet device over wifi such has a PC, tablet, smartphone to access the NOW Hub Router webpage settings via it's internet browser 😀.

Uchechukwu
Mentor

Thanks I will try that.