cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor wifi, setting up a different rooter

I've recently joined Now Broadband but have poor wifi.  I spoke with the Help team and they've suggested using my old BT router but I'm not sure how to connect this, any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to say the new router hasn't improved things.  I tried splitting the signal too but just meant I had to be careful what devices were on each setting to get them to communicate. Having to reset all the passwords was frustrating too. If you're having similar issues best advice I think is to invest  in a mesh device or switch providers.

Tonymccl
Mentor

Thanks for the feedback - it looks as if there is little point in me asking for a new router. I may have a look at trying to use one of my previous routers instead of the NowTV one, or invest in an extender for upstairs!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was told there had been a batch of faulty routers earlier in the year, don't know if that was true or not but trying a different one seemed worth trying. Also the help desk checked my connection and could see it had been dropping out a lot.  From experience the Mesh system worked seamlessly where as with the extender I had to switch manually between the devices. Mesh costs more but there are some Black Friday deals at the moment that you may be able to take advantage of. Good luck with whatever you do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've split the signal but which should I use? And does this mean I need to reset all my devices again? I assume if I want them to connect to each other, ie Alexa to the smart kettle they need to be on the same setting? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh I see, there is only one option where the signal is bad. It's still not great, maybe you need to give this the 10 days settling in period too!! 
I was very naive in thinking that all broadband was the same, my previous provider said their's was better but I thought this was a tactic to get me to stay with them, clearly not. Thanks for the help.