cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor tv picture.. been told my equipment is to old

Hi. For the past few months I have been suffering with really bad picture quality. I have a tv stick  and a flat slim box.

Got in touch with now t.v online help and quite frankly I do not agree with the answer to the problems I'm having.

I have a 2 year old now tv stick brought from Sainsbury's and 3-4 old box from argos. Now I've been told that my problem is my equipment is faulty because it's old? Said they give 1 year warranty because they are no good after this. What!

They both play apps fine ie YouTube, netflix etc but on nowtv I get pixelated picture very often. My broadband is virgin media 100mbps connection. I even invested in an additional Asus router and tried hub3 box in modem which improved everything apart from nowtv.

I have screenshots of the conversion to show that they are not suppose to last more than a year.

"Yeah, once the device cross 1 year slab it starts giving problems, hence companies usually give 1 year warranty."

"Both are old"

Thanks mark

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Both your devices are not old and are still currently fully supported by NowTV, where i own and run both myself.

I am guessing you have tried both 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi bands and different channels on your Router ?

I am also assuming the Routers you have tried are stock and you haven't added any third party software to them.

Have you also tried your NowTV Box over hard wired Ethernet instead of wifi ?

Apart from the above, maybe try these trouble shooting steps on this linked guide article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not familiar with Virgin Broadband or their Routers so not sure if this is possible or if it can be done on your third party Asus Router.

Where a couple of forum members have reported an improvement using the NowTV streaming service when using something like the Open Google DNS servers instead of using the DNS server generated by your ISP.