cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor speeds wired

Hey all,

I've been having some quite poor performance issues with my NowTV Hub 2 - which is new (4-5 months old?)

Router is showing speeds of around 33Mbps, however when directly wired and running speed tests I'm showing 3-4Mbps down. I've had serious issues simply browsing and doing basic things.

I'm not sure what would cause it to be so slow considering it shows good in the router, but poor at my computer. I've tried numerous devices (wired and wireless) and both ethernet ports to confirm it's not a one-off, and am at a loss as to what it could be. Other things I've checked:

- Microfilter (using a built in microfilter/phone socket)

- Plugged directly into master socket with microfilter

- Left the router off for around 4 hours then plugged back in again

- New RJ11 cable

- wired

- wireless

Called up NowTV and honestly they didn't have much of a clue, tried to explain to me how they would improve my wired speed by splitting my network into 2.4GHz/5GHz broadband...

Anyone got any thoughts on what else I could do?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for the double post, but just to update. This morning I ran another speed test, getting 21Mbps down now.

Still a drop from the 33Mbps being shown on the router, but far better than the 1-5Mbps I was getting last night - no adjustments made within the property, not anything notable on the router settings (SNR /Attenuation remains the same, same downstream lock etc.)