cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor customer service - NOW TV app v Player

NOW TV customer service don't really understand how to make the viewing experience of acceptable quality.  Their grasp of English is poor.

I'm quite new to NOW TV.  Last week I tried to watch a football match on the NOW TV player, downloaded from the website.  Very poor picture, echoing noise and continual buffering.  So I went on the chat to complain and was told to uninstall the player and download the app from the Microsoft store.  I was also told that this is a KNOWN issue at NOW TV.

So I've been emailing the complaints dept:

"Why do you tell people to download the player from the website, when you know it works better if downloaded directly from Microsoft"

Their reply:

"With regards to your query, I would like to tell you that:-

• To make easy for customers who are using Windows 7 or 8 we have given the link to download NOW TV Player using the link which is available in NOW TV help centre..."

My reply:

"Thanks. But the app gives a better experience than the player and you know that. So why don't you say that clearly to customers who are about to download the player from your website"

Their reply seems evasive.  I fight on...

Why don;t they just put up a help bubble or a link to the Microsoft Store to download the app.  I watched a game today with the app and it is much better.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The answer isn’t evasive; the app is only available to Windows 10 users, nothing earlier.

But, modified to reflect that added complication of OS versions, your question still stands.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The answer isn’t evasive; the app is only available to Windows 10 users, nothing earlier.

But, modified to reflect that added complication of OS versions, your question still stands.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an active day pass but can't watch one of the most important football marches of the season cos the video player won't play and there's no online chat although it says 8am to midnight.  Thanks Now TV. You're appalling.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi AndrewK1

I am having problems contacting them too, I supposedly ordered a nowtv smart box, which I certainly did not, they took £45.99 off my card, I returned it straight away they now have it , and want me to wait 28 days for them to refund my money. Am finding it hard to get in touch as well, got  a guy last night who put it up to his manager with promise to contact me this morning guess what no email. Not happy next step Ombudsman and media.

ElsieA3

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They are rank rotten

And you get the*helpers* like Roy b.

Insinuating that all complaints are non exsistant and replied with cheeky remarks.

Henbury must be getting paid by these chancers..and god forbid if he isnt..then he is the saddest lover in earth and needs alive. What  sad wee clown.

Just wait to see the reply to this message.

Lol

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

And here it is 😛

If the best peg you can find to hang your ongoing campaign of negativity against Now on is anonymous postings from nearly three years ago, then you aren’t trying remotely hard enough.

Try harder 😛

Jayach
Elite 3

Here's a reply. This thread is nearly 3 years old. Get a life yourself.