cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor WiFi Signal In Rooms Away From the Hub 2

I’ve just joined nowtv broadband and my experience is not good. The hub doesn’t give good coverage whereas as my sky,bt have. The issue is with the hub and nothing else it works fine if your close to it. I cannot even play Netflix, PS4 in bedrooms upstairs as it doesn’t even show up and my house is small. I’ve called now broadband and went through channel switching and placement of hub( which I already now where the best place is FYI considering all the companies I’ve been with no problems)  which didn’t improve anything. WiFi extenders/boasters don’t work. It makes it worse in my house as I guess the furthest point in the house isn’t far enough and close to the hub. And to get through to technical support is another battle, their wait time isn’t what it says. it will say for example 9mins when it’s literally double that, I timed it last night. It seems they can cut their waiting times in half or more if they make a decent hub and unfortunately it will be at least 2 years before they realise this. I’ve put a switch to virgin on. Still have to live with no Netflix and PS4 for about 2 weeks and nowtv advisor wasn’t interested in helping much after he saw the port request. The poor WiFi coverage echos on the internet.

37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue - Brand new customer also, paid for brilliant broadband - signla only works when I'm sat next to the router...

My desk, printer, computer for study / work is situated in my bedroom which takes me 10 seconds to walk to from router and the wifi drops straight away.

Now have been useless too, no help just that 'they can guarentee signal'

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I to am a new customer. I have a great signal downstairs but drops out a lot upstairs. Although it doesn't seem to affect my streaming of Netflix 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issues can’t connect wifi or constantly booted off. Sick of phoning. Had a new telephone point put in after last call but still same tried everything apart from knocking walls down. All I get is buffering yet speed check shows good speed. I suspect it’s the router that’s crap . This is only used as a second home and I seem to spend an hour every visit calling the helpline. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gahhh. Does anyone have a solution please?

I just joined. I live in a bungalow. The wifi works in the room with the router (the conservatory is the only room with the phone line and the only room I don't actually need wifi) and a tiny bit in the living room but no other rooms. I spoke to NOWTV and yesterday they said it was a service outage issue and today they said it's an issue with something outside the property and they'll send an engineer. However I'm sure it's an issue of the strength of the router since it works perfectly fine near the router. Does anyone have a solution?

I was also told conflicting things about the cooling off period (10 days, 14 days and 31 days). If I cannot resolve this issue, I'll have to cancel. Does anyone know the cooling off period?

Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I received my replacement router today and the wifi is just as bad. Gave up purchased homeplugs dug out an old ee bright box put it into bridge mode connected it to homeplugs other end of my bungalow switched off the nowtv wifi and suddenly have wifi everywhere again. Why are they sending out these garbage routers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Second to that, signall from the router is really weak even in a room just behind a single door and no thick concrete walls, just plasterboard...

Can we pay for a better router with stronger signal and maybe bigger external antennas?

This really makes wifi useless except in the router room.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you explain this to someone who isn't so tech savi lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buy a WiFi signal booster. I got the netgear universal from Argos, about £15.  It fixed the problem of poor WiFi signal in far away corners of my house

WELLIE51
Advocate

SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY OUT MORE MONEY, WHEN EVERYONE ELSE'S ROUTERS WORK