cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ping, and download

Not sure if this is an outage problem as usually everything is all okay.

But I have just tried to play a game online which prompted me to run a ping test in both cmd, and online. Ping usually is great at around 20ms, however, it is sitting at 100+ms currently. With a download of 10Mbps, usually 40+. When using the NOW test it says everything is all fine with the line, and that speed to property is 49Mbps which is just isn't,

Anyone have any advice with who to contact if this persists? Or any fixes? Tried the obvious fixes

24 REPLIES 24
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

Noted by myself also.

The Community Manager has passed this on to the forum software developer to be fixed.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoyB 

Nothing to stop you tagging me in yourself you know? 😉

I've been trying to replicate the problems you're seeing and I'm seeing the issue too. I'll need to escalate this - just to be sure I've got it right - the 2 key issues seem to be:

- When you reply to another reply within a thread the "Community Activity" component doesn't recognize that as the latest message in the thread and just "jumps" you to the end of the thread? 

- Sorting by Oldest / Newest or the reverse doesn't seem to work, posts appear out of order.

This is what I'm seeing myself and I think what you're also describing? Let me know if that's not right.

Thanks

Simon

Jayach
Elite 3

And the pages, every thread now seems to be one looooong stream of posts.

Jayach
Elite 3

Also, it indicates when there are new posts in a thread, even when I posted it. I already know that!

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jayach do you mean that there all on the same page or that they appear without a gap?

Jayach
Elite 3

No, that the the heading for the categories are dark when there are new posts, but the only new post is mine. It previously only showed when there were new unread posts, not my own.

Jayach_0-1654617592847.png

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach @Simon-J 

Working from the Community Activity list, I expect to see in Bold any thread that I haven’t read or that has had a new posting since I last read it, and in Roman (normal, not bold) any other thread, i.e. that has had no new postings since I last read or updated it.

In practice though, working forward in time from where I last left off reading and possibly replying, I keep finding threads not in Bold that I haven’t read.

That this happens makes me think that either I don’t understand the real rules in force, or that there is a bug.

I do expect some threads not in Bold to appear as I read forward, e.g. if I am replying to some threads last updated yesterday, they should go and sit at Time Now, not Bold, so I will encounter them when I read through what was then Time Now, and if they haven’t been subsequently updated yet again, by somebody else, and moved on further, then they will be non-Bold.

But I don’t understand why I am encountering non-Bold threads which contain postings I haven’t read.

(I also don’t know if I am still going to be able to find my way around if the unread postings are now scattered within the thread instead of all being at the end like they were, but that is another story),

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Simon-J 

If you look in Community Activity, a few posts down, ‘Update Now TV app for Apple TV’, that was put there when I added a Reply to a Reply in that thread this morning, and the underlying URL there looks like this:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Update-Now-TV-app-for-apple-TV/td-p/366659/ju...

i.e. it jumps to first unread, and not to the post that I made.So anybody wanting to see what update was made to the thread to merit it being in Community Activity will be taken somewhere else in the thread, and will have no idea what the update was, and will wonder why the entry is there at all.

(You can see the entry I posted by searching the Community for ‘Charlie horse four’ -without the spaces - a unique marker I added in anticipation of difficulties like this. I can’t quote it without the spaces in here, because then it wouldn’t be unique any more).

Sorting by Oldest/Newest does actually ‘work’ I think, but not by date in thread, in the single-level list we have all been used to. Now, for any Reply in the thread, the Replys that were to that Reply sort immediately underneath it, with potentially many levels of Replys to Replys nested under that. And within each level, the sorting is indeed Oldest first or Newest first, depending on which you choose; but the Reply hierarchy, which we have not encountered before, takes precedence.

(Diagram on request, but looking at the ‘Update Now TV app for Apple TV’ thread with the above paragraph in mind may make it clearer).

The trouble here, I think, is we used to hang our Replys off any posting in a thread, and it didn’t make any difference which, the Reply went and sat at the end of the thread; a single-level model.

But unbeknownst to us, the Community software was keeping track of exactly which posting we had replied to, and in this new model, where it matters which posting you Reply to, and whether you Reply or Post Reply, it is building and showing a hierarchy based on which Reply each subsequent Reply was made to back then, when it didn’t matter,

(Have I explained this well enough? Please let me know if not)

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

And @Simon-J , any chance of finding out why I can't post images?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jayach - apologies we have been investigating that you should've been able to once you reached a certain rank but something's gone wrong there - I can manually give you the permission, that won't take a moment but as a solution to the bigger issue we're looking at making it so anyone can post an image, just a case of having the right moderation behind it.