cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ping all over the place more than two weeks after installation

Hello

I had 76mb/s NowTV fibre installed over two weeks ago.

My ping is normally in the 10 ms - 13 ms range, which is obviously very good. However it is spiking to around 400 ms every 10 pings or so, sometimes multiple times in a row. Ocassionally packets are getting lost. It just humped to 400 ms for four pings then a fifth to 2100 ms. Online gaming is a waste of time and I am struggling with Skype for Business calls, occassionally being thrown out of meetings.

Anyone know what to do? I have switched the wifi channel so I am now using a channel which nothing in the ciscinity is also using.

Thanks

Steven

1 REPLY 1
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello

I had 76mb/s NowTV fibre installed over two weeks ago.

My ping is normally in the 10 ms - 13 ms range, which is obviously very good. However it is spiking to around 400 ms every 10 pings or so, sometimes multiple times in a row. Ocassionally packets are getting lost. It just humped to 400 ms for four pings then a fifth to 2100 ms. Online gaming is a waste of time and I am struggling with Skype for Business calls, occassionally being thrown out of meetings.

Anyone know what to do? I have switched the wifi channel so I am now using a channel which nothing in the ciscinity is also using.

Thanks

Steven

@Anonymous User Is this on only one device? Your computer?