cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ping Tripled the Last Few Weeks

Hi,

I am currently on Now's Brilliant Broadband plan (already the fastest one available here), while I could previously game on it with a stable 40-60ms ping, in the past few weeks the internet just seemed to become unplayable, where my ping would stay at 120ms- 200ms+ even when connected to local game servers.

I don't have other devices using it intensively nor downloading anything in the background, the download and upload speed appears to be normal as the promised plan speeds but the ping just keeps staying up or fluctuating, games has gotten really unplayable and irritating, could it be any changes made to Now TV's ISP routing that causes this?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this Wi-fi or Ethernet connections?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 @RoyB 

Hi,

I am connected to the routers ethernet ports instead of WiFi, are there other solutions you would suggest?

Thanks!

RoyB
Legend

Disconnect the router from power, wait two minutes, and then reconnect it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Assuming this is over WiFi:

(I) Can you try a wired connection instead?

(2) If you can’t, try to ensure you are gaming on 5Ghz rather than 2.5Ghz

(3) Get WiFi Analyzer on an Android device, and see what competing WiFi signals are out there. Perhaps if you move your router onto clearer channels for 2.5 and 5Ghz respectively, things will improve.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Your ping's do seem excessive. Even on ADSL I would have expected them to be lower. What does Speedtest.net give you? Have you contacted the broadband team on the number in the link below?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1