cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture freeze

Hi

why is it mostly Chanel 4 & 5 live tv the picture freezes but the voices or music continues? 
can anyone help?

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can I assume your talking about the NOW smart box with the aerial connection? 

Since you haven’t explained what device your using I cannot be much more help.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Apologies I’m new to these things!
It’s a now box connected to my internet box and HDMI2 on my television, which works of an indoor Ariel.
Netflix and ITV work no problem.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you using the Live TV function on your TV or NOW smart box?

You can watch live TV via the All4 and My5 apps. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for getting back to me
I’m using the smart box for live tv, it seems to be when I go into my5 and 4 app then go onto live tv.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps sorry to "drag" you in, are you able to help out? As I recall that you still have the NOW smart box.

@Anonymous User 

Have you made sure the system and software is fully up to date?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

I haven't got access currently to either my NOW Freeview Smart box or 4K Smart box, but the All 4 & My 5 App live channels are running fine on my NOW black box gen 2 when doing a quick test just now with both picture & sound in sync.

Apart from the forced software update on the NOW box and a reboot on the NOW Box and Router, maybe see if removing the two Apps and adding them again makes any difference.

To be honest apart from BBC iPlayer i don't usually bother that much with the terrestrial Apps and usually tend to use the live channels on my TV or Youview box over the air with an aerial (much better picture quality than over the internet if you have a TV aerial).

@Anonymous User what is the wifi signal reception like on the box or are you using the NOW box over Ethernet ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Schnapps
Yes I’m using Ethernet, I’ve just done a speed test 7.25 which seems pretty low to me need to get on to ee.
During the day I don’t seem to have a problem it’s usually happens between 20:45 - 23:00.
I will try resetting the box just got to find a 📌
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe temporary test the two Apps over WiFi to see if the same problem persists if you have WiFi coverage in the room where the box is connected to the television.