cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Phone line installation

hello,

I have just moved into a new property that already has an openreach port with a master micro filter on, and ports for both a phone line and a broadband line but it’s still telling me that an engineer needs to visit the property to install a line even though the router and phone would just need plugging in. How can I change my order to say that I don’t need an engineer visit?

3 REPLIES 3
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey HB

How do you know an engineer is not needed, just because you have a BT port in your home?  For example, suppose you need a connection set up between your home and the nearest communication box (those green nondescript boxes situated in most streets) or even to make sure the lines to and from your home are still working properly.

So, unless you have the equipment to insure everything works between your home and your local telephone exchange, I would not try to deter an engineer's visit. 

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler
Hi Bob,

thanks for the reply! The previous tenants used NOWTV broadband in the property so I assume that the line will already be set up for the router to just be connected and activated by NOWTV. Forgive me if I’m wrong, but if the previous tenants used the same broadband that we are looking to use, surely it wouldn’t need another installation?

Harrison
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

HB

Knowing what you know, you could be right but why take the chance, something could have been disconnected or switched off. Just let the installation process take it's course, you'll be a happier camper at the end of it all.

UK Bob