cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fazza
Advocate

Phone camera app not working.

Since moving over to ‘Now’ as my new internet provider my phone camera app doesn’t work. The DVR is connected directly to the router and confirms that the connection is good yet the DVR says it’s offline! Nothing has changed to the camera system so I’m guessing it’s something to do with the router? Anybody else had/solved this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

So you have an app that connects your phone to a DVR? It may be that you need to check the connection between those two devices. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? 

Fazza
Advocate

Yes… I’ve tried uninstall and reinstall… the communication between the router and the DVR is definitely the problem… there is a connection but the DVR isn’t being allowed to ‘go live’!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Fazza 

I don't use CCTV cameras with my NOW Broadband, but a couple of things I would try if you haven't tried them already.

1. Split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi bands on the NOW Router if using the setup over wifi.

2. Change the NOW Broadband Buddy age rating or switch it off on your online NOW account.

3. See if disabling IPV6 on your NOW Router webpage Settings makes any difference using your Camera App.

4. Once you have done the above, perhaps reset the camera and camera App.

Fazza
Advocate

Thanks for this.. I have tried all but you point number 3… so I’ll try this later!