cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GillG
Advocate

Phone Confusion

We swapped to Now on Friday for phone, broadband and tv and ever since then our phone, instead of displaying the number of the person calling, just says outside number.  This is so annoying as my husband has just died and we don't want to be picking up all sorts of random calls - we understood the numbers would still be displayed so please can anyone advise as the chat box does not help but sends me round and round!

Also do now do the equivalent of sky shield at all?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@GillG 

Sorry for your loss 😢

What you need is called ‘Caller Display’.

I think Now’s equivalent of Sky Shield is Broadband Buddy,

The Nowbot is famously unhelpful when you are trying to reach Now, though it has its uses when navigating the Help 🙁

Here is a link which will get you to a phone number on which you can call the Broadband Team and get help with both the above from a real live human being:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

(Now don’t like us publishing the number directly, lest streaming members call it. Which would be in vain, but clutters the place up).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB 

Sky have two separate shields:

Sky Broadband Shield | Sky Help | Sky.com which is like Broadband buddy and

Sky Talk Shield help | Sky Help | Sky.com which is absolutely brilliant and the one thing I miss since leaving Sky. Now does not have anything like it. (I think BT have something similar)

Edit: the phone number for Now broadband is here: How to make a complaint (nowtv.com)