cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Password

Is it possible to change the password for broadband rather than using one printed on your box 

or can I put a block on an Xbox 

child hacked my password 😳 

need to either change password or block his Xbox 

Any help please 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a nosy at this link, hopefully it’ll be of help.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-change-or-reset-my-wi-fi-password

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes you can. I take it this is the WiFi password, or is it the admin password for the box? Either way, best to change both.

This link, about splitting the bands (but you don’t need to do that right now) will show you how to access your Hub configuration:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

It’s best if you make these changes via an Ethernet cable, to a laptop or such, since changing the WiFi password when you are logged in via WiFi is like sawing off the branch you are sitting on 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

child hacked my password 😳 

If this is your child, it wouldn't take much hacking, they would just need to look on the router.

Be aware that if you do change the password, they could just do a factory reset to return it to the default, so you will need to restrict access to the router.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

We need to know more about this child, and the circumstances in which they are connecting an unauthorised Xbox to your WiFi.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.