cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Package deal confusion

I bought a broadband and tv deal on comparethemarket.com for broadband and an entertainment pass.

my installation doesn’t include a tv box or stick and the entertainment pass isn’t available when I sign in to Now TV.

can anyone give advice before I cancel?

is there a helpline I can call?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

I bought a broadband and tv deal on comparethemarket.com for broadband and an entertainment pass.

my installation doesn’t include a tv box or stick and the entertainment pass isn’t available when I sign in to Now TV.

can anyone give advice before I cancel?

is there a helpline I can call?

Thanks

The broadband deal doesn’t come with a box or a stick, which has caused other users some confusion.

But lots of devices, TVs and the like, come with the NowTV App preloaded, or loadable, and so owners of those don’t need a box or stick (theoretically, though the app on my Samsung TV doesn’t support subtitles, so I bought a stick anyway).

But where are you signing in to NowTV? On a YouView box, for instance, it only supports the Movies Pass at present, though this is possibly the only device that doesn’t have either full NowTV, or no NowTV.

There are some good offers on the Stick at present; if you get one with a two months Entertainment Pass, you can stack that up for when the pass you bought off the meerkats runs out, which defrays the cost of the stick, currently down to only £14.99 just about everywhere, quite considerably - just £4.99 net in Curry’s, where the pass alone is £10.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.