cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PL On Demand

Hi I was wondering  when can I watch  full matches replay after they were aired?

I know they will be found on Demand section 

But when are they available after aired?

2nd are those on Demand  replays  Full HD if I have Now Boost?

3rd how long does the match replay  last for?

4th Any plans of adding ULTRA HD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The premier league match should be the full game and not highlights from the matches i have seen on the NowTV on Demand service.

From my observations, it takes on average 32 hours for the game to be uploaded after it has aired (don't know if NowTV have improved this since i last checked about two months ago).

Unfortunately the on Demand Sports service is 720p at the poorer frame rate of 25fps (even with a HD Boost Pass) 😠😠😠.

In my opinion 4K UHD is a pipe dream with NowTV in the short & mid term (unless they start charging a platinum high cost pass service).

Personally i would be happy to see all eleven Sky Sports channels at 1080p, 50fps on all live streams, together with Bonus Streams and on Demand Sports at the same picture level and more importantly frame rate of 50fps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The premier league match should be the full game and not highlights from the matches i have seen on the NowTV on Demand service.

From my observations, it takes on average 32 hours for the game to be uploaded after it has aired (don't know if NowTV have improved this since i last checked about two months ago).

Unfortunately the on Demand Sports service is 720p at the poorer frame rate of 25fps (even with a HD Boost Pass) 😠😠😠.

In my opinion 4K UHD is a pipe dream with NowTV in the short & mid term (unless they start charging a platinum high cost pass service).

Personally i would be happy to see all eleven Sky Sports channels at 1080p, 50fps on all live streams, together with Bonus Streams and on Demand Sports at the same picture level and more importantly frame rate of 50fps.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There was three premier league games on yesterday evening on NowTV, Sheffield Utd v Newcastle United, Burnley v Man Utd & Wolves v Everton.

Perhaps use these three games has a benchmark to test how long it takes to be added to NowTV on Demand.

So far none of the games have been added where it will be late tonight or early hours tomorrow morning before they will be uploaded going on my 32 hours average i timed previously (unless NowTV have improved the timescale involved).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your quick response I will be counting when these 3 fixuters will be added.

I am shocked that sports on-demand with Now Boost isn't FHD 1080p50fps it should be.

About 4K UHD for higher price I wouldn't mind that tbh & I wish Now TV listens and do it for live matches at least 

I use to live in switzerland there SKY App is State of the Art All permier Leauge matches on demand 5 minutes after they 1st Aired 1080p50fps at least a weekly selected match in 4K UHD in addition to more 4K UHD Football.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How long do these replays stay put?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Premier League matches on Demand stay on the NOW service for around 7 days.