cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Own router connection

Hello,

I have installed NOW broadband around 2 months back and now I wish to install my own  APPLE TIME CAPSULE router. Any suggestions/ idea how to do the needful. The main purpose is for data back up in Time Capsule which I have been using on frequent intervals, and after taking back up I will again connect to the NOW router. 

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you please check if your Apple device supports MER 61, which is a prerequisite for any router to connect successfully to Now or Sky Broadband, and report back?

Alternatively, it looks like you might be able to connect the TC to the Now router. One post on this in the Community here, but it goes nowhere; but several answers for Sky on Google, which should be applicable to Now as well, pretty much.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB I am not sure if Apple Time Capsule supports MER 61 but, what are the steps need to be taken if that allows ?

chilli2
Elite

If this is the device :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirPort_Time_Capsule

then it would appear that Apple discontinued them 4 years ago, according to this article, published in 2018 Apple will support the device for 5 years , which puts the end of support in 2023 - about 12 months if lucky. source : https://www.imore.com/how-keep-using-time-machine-when-airport-time-capsule-discontinued

Having said all that, its still possible to use the device as a router, connected to the now router, however you will need to configure the now router as modem only, on some modem/routers you can do this by turning off DHCP and Wifi .

The now router is somewhat lacking in features, so you may need to ask further for using it in modem only mode, or wait for more replies