cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ianodelanooch
Advocate

Own Modem / Router

Hi All, 

Ok, so I'm relatively new to NOWTV's broadband and so far so good. HOWEVER... The plug and play router that comes as standard is pretty poor. I'm looking at buying my own TP Link Archer. Now please bare in mind, I'm not tech savy. All I want to know is... if I buy a TP Link Archer VR2800, am I able to just unplug NOW's router, and plug and play with the Archer?

Please don't direct me to other links in the community as I have already read a lot of them and it involves tweaking loads of settings. So I just want to find a TP Link Modem / Router that can be a direct replacement for the standard piece of kit that comes when signing up to broadband. 

Suggestions are welcome 🙂 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

1 REPLY 1
ukbobboy
Legend

@Ianodelanooch 

Hi Lano

Straight plug and play replacement, no that's not gonna work and you will have to do some reconfiguring to your TP Link Archer VR2800 to get it to work with NOW's Internet connection.

So, unless someone on this forum has the knowledge and experience to guide you or has actually gone through this process already, I would strongly suggest you contact TP-Link directly and ask for their advice and, possibly, manual instructions.

As TP-Link sell their modem/routers directly to the public, I would presume they have the detailed knowledge and instructions necessary to connect their devices to ISPs throughout the UK.

UK Bob