cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OpenDNS

Hi,

Just receieved my Hub Two Box, but I cannot find how to update the DNS settings.  I need to point the DNS to OpenDNS rather than google (8.8.8.8 etc) as I have spent a lot of time configuring OpenDNS to protect family connections.

Usually, DNS config is in the LAN settings, but not on Hub Two.  Where is the DNS configuration?

Second question - there are only three dynamic DNS options - all are old services and becoming out of date ans all require a fee or repeated re-registration.  Can the list be updated to include some newer dynamic DNS services.  The one I use is called DNSDynamic.org.

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately NOW TV Hubs don't let you change DNS settings, you'd need to change DNS settings on each individual device instead.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately NOW TV Hubs don't let you change DNS settings, you'd need to change DNS settings on each individual device instead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info - that is really disappointing.  I guess I will be using my own router then!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is this limitation? Is there an alternative parental control service offered by Now TV? I know how to block individual sites and keywords in router settings but that is not as effective as OpenDNS. I also know how to set DNS server on individual devices but that is a PIA.

TimWiser
Advocate

Yes there is, you can enable Broadband Buddy on your connection. It's not perfect and not that configurable, but it does a decent job of blocking content.

Jayach
Elite 3

@TimWiser 

The post you are replying to is 5 years old, and the poster is no longer a member of the forum. (and probably Now)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well that's really poor! They should advise of this before joining. I also have pages of ODNS config set up. Might have to buy a modem or see if I can use my old Vodafone router instead. Only has 2 ethernet ports as well which breaks my home office and powerline adaptors.