cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlPal
Advocate

Only getting speed of 1.7 Mbps when guaranteed 52 Mbps

What can you do to improve the speed when it is over 20 times slower than the guaranteed speed?
I don't want to leave for free, I want a working hub and stable internet connection for WFH internet and calls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AlPal 

Report it to the NOW Broadband Team using one of the communication methods from this link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AlPal 

Report it to the NOW Broadband Team using one of the communication methods from this link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hope you get better luck than me, I'm currently syncing at speeds lower than guaranteed, but apparently changing my wifi channel and taking my washing machine/tumble drier off the wifi will increase this? How do these people get these jobs? I do honestly wonder.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use the link from the post by @schnapps to request an engineer visit or at least a replacement router if your still having issues. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have requested it but refusing to do it until i change to every wifi channel and wait for an hour? and now I'm told sync speed is low because of 13 devices, tbh only 2 of us here, actually I doubt we have 13 devices connected...

PC, laptop, phone, phone, tumble dryer, washing machine, door bell, tv yup only 8, and only the PC/tv is used mostly, so annoying to live in an area that has bad internet yet other places got like 1gig 🤔

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you show us where the advice about the washer/drier was given?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

via email ( can't upload images for some reason) I think I actually set up the broadband complaint originally but its shocking, the next thing is that because I have 13 devices connected to the internet, that might cause the sync speed to be lower?😑 honestly it's such a waste of time.