cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claire19
Advocate

One device is saying "sign in required"

New to nowtv broadband. 

My sons seems to be working fine and he can stream YouTube and stuff.  He is on a Windows 10 laptop. 

I am on my Samsung note 4 with EE network and keep getting kicked off the broadband after less than a minute. 

Your device has been disconnected appears in my notifications or it says sign in required. 

Please help! I've already reset the router and went back to master socket. I don't have any other devices to check.  

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @claire19 

If the three solid green lights are showing on the front of the NowTV Router then that normally suggests that you have a stable internet connection.

Where it sounds to me there is a wifi problem between your Samsung device and the NowTV Router.

What i would be inclined to try first is to rename your 2.4ghz & 5 ghz wifi networks on the NowTV Router by following these instructions below (then try connecting your Samsung device on both the 2.4 and 5 ghz bands to see if either of them offers you a stable wifi connection).

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

Once you have done the above, perhaps go to My Account > Technical Checks whilst logged in on here to see what internet download and upload speeds are being measured at your Hub Router.

You may also have to reconnect your sons laptop over wifi again once you undertaken the above.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to me as well, and the above solution not working. I can only see the 2.4 network on my phone and it is not letting me use the internet, it says sign in required. 

TheliseR
Observer

Hey, is this still applicable in 2023? Can't seem to find the Wireless option when logged in... please help, my Samsung S22 won't connect to the Internet 😞 although connected to WiFi network and other devices working fine. Thanks!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TheliseR 

It hasn't changed from what @schnapps posted. See this link.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@TheliseR wrote:

Hey, is this still applicable in 2023? Can't seem to find the Wireless option when logged in... please help, my Samsung S22 won't connect to the Internet 😞 although connected to WiFi network and other devices working fine. Thanks!

Yes it is still applicable, the router hasn't improved any in the last 2+ years.

However I doubt it has any relevance to why your S22 can't access the internet.