cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok button does not work

Hi, I'm trying to set up my Now TV smart stick but when I go to select my wireless network nothing happens. It's as though the OK button does not work. Any suggestions please?

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I doubt it's a dodgy OK button on your remote.

See if you can move the Router closer to the stick or if you have multiple televisions in the home, temporary hook up the stick to the nearest TV in the home closet to your Router.

Then once hopefully everything is setup swap the stick onto the television you want to use it on.

Alternatively you could try your smartphone has a wifi hotspot and once everything has been loaded on the stick, swap the wifi back onto your Router home network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps thanks for replying so quickly. The stick is in the TV closest to the router. I can't choose any wifi network that's the problem. It scans and picks up the networks fine but when I press OK to select the network nothing happens.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe try a factory reset on the stick by holding the small reset button in on the stick for about 15 seconds whilst the TV & stick is powered on.

Also temporary remove the batteries or try fresh batteries (even if the stick is brand new).

Then see if the setup process works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for the help but I'm afraid the same thing happens. I can't select a network.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps you do have a dodgy remote then if it doesn't let you navigate down the list of wifi networks or allow you to click on your wifi network on your television screen.

To be honest i haven't got any more ideas to suggest apart from live chat or perhaps try a replacement stick under warranty.

Do you need a link to see if live chat can offer some further assistance & help ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried moving the remote closer to where the stick is located just in case there is some sort of interference from behind your television ?

I would say try repairing the remote by following this help guide, but i believe the stick needs to be on your wifi network before the pairing works (might be wrong and you could try pressing the pair button on the remote underneath the battery cover on the back of the remote).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for trying. Yes please can you give me a link for live chat?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here you go.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/problems-watching-now-tv 

When you open the above link, click on the small blue arrow directly underneath How to Get in Touch, to reveal the green chat button to click on.

If the button doesn't open or continually loads, then try a different internet browser with it's adblocking software switched off (MS Edge works for me whenever i want to contact their online web chat service).

Hope you get it resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Iv just had exact same problem buttons on now tv remote not working except volume on side.

I turned everything off at the plug and restarted tv and nowtv box and its working now.

Very odd hasnt happened previously.