cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Off to a bad start

So I took half a day off so the engineer can visit today, he showed up around 13:30, replaced the socket even though I didn't ask him to, didn't bother screwing it probably, ran a failed test, told me he's going to the cabinet and will be back in 30 mins but never saw him again.

website still showing that engineer visit is pending and my landline and broadband are being setup.

I don't know what's going on.

I have no idea who to contact as the online chat is useless (I waited for 2 hours for an advisor to no avail).

No phone numbers on the website.

Any advice is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quick update. A different BT guy came earlier today, took him 15 mins to sort everything out. I'm getting +35 Mbits. So far so good.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just wondering if your nowtv hub router is plugged in and if so how many green lights are showing on the front of the router.

You can contact the nowtv broadband team by signing in on here and click on My Account > Broadband and Calls and click on the moving home section which should reveal a telephone number, when you get through ask to be transferred to the relevant broadband dept.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Two greens and a solid amber in the middle

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with them, they said OR engineer didn't send them any update, they will contact open reach and should hear from them within 72 hours. Not the answer I wanted tto hear, but I guess now it's an OR thing and not a NOW thing.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just got off the phone with them, they said OR engineer didn't send them any update, they will contact open reach and should hear from them within 72 hours. Not the answer I wanted tto hear, but I guess now it's an OR thing and not a NOW thing.

I'm part of the back office provisioning team so i'll check with Openreach today and send you an update via email ok? @Anonymous User 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm part of the back office provisioning team so i'll check with Openreach today and send you an update via email ok? @Anonymous User 

@Anonymous User I've sent you a PM there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Personally I would use the online chat and always save a copy of the transcript as this will always come in handy for taking the matter further.  Are they charging you for a service you are not receiving, as they should not.  If you are unhappy you need to follow their complaints procedure state to them that this is a complaint.  This will allow you to take the matter further.  I advise people to pass their complaints on to Ofcom, and if Now TV do not put things right take the matter to CISAS is the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme.  Through this scheme you can cliam losses. The more people complain through these services, not only are you helping yourself, you are also helping others as these companies will be held accountable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quick update. A different BT guy came earlier today, took him 15 mins to sort everything out. I'm getting +35 Mbits. So far so good.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Perfect @Anonymous User I wasn't sure if when i was chatting to openreach that they had a grasp of the situation. Glad we got it sorted in the end.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am frustrating experience same thing, unbelivable how all those TV companies are bad.. I did find one number But unfortunatelly take me until my patient gone out over half hour later and I gave up.

I am already think about cancel it.