cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Number porting from Virgin to Now

Hi! 

Rang Now TV as I am wanting to purchase their broadband package! I am currently with virgin media and want to keep the current landline number. Spoke to someone who told me they are unable to do as I need to get in touch with Virgin Media (I have already cancelled my package with them), and let them know, get the phone cancelled so Now can access the line for number porting. 

I promptly, got in touch with Virgin and was told as you have cancelled the services, the new provider can carry out the processing of number porting. 

I am expecting to receive a call tomorrow to carry on with the purchase after having this issue resolved! There seems to be no issue from Virgin Media’s side, so I’m just wondering why this may have happened. 

Like the majority of people I don’t want my landline number changing, have had it since the past 25 years or so! So it’s just a hassle!

Has any one else had this issue? I’d be grateful if you could give me any advice etc. 

thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I ported my number from virgin without any issue, personally I wasn’t that bothered as I barely use the land line but it was done easily, sounds like the person you spoke to was unsure of the procedure I ordered online so never spoke to anyone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the response. 

I was was originally planning to just buy online, but reading about the number porting issues I thought it’d be best to talk to them over the phone. 

Expecting a a call from someone tomorrow from Now Tv, just hope it gets sorted! 

Thank you once again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"I promptly, got in touch with Virgin and was told as you have cancelled the services, the new provider can carry out the processing of number porting. "

I just spent 10 minutes on the phone with Virgin, they swore blind I couldn't take my phone number if I started my notice immediately, they had to wait until NOW requested the number.

I eventually had to shout down the phone "this is my 30-day notice, and that is my final word on the matter, goodbye" and hang up. 

So hopefully this was just a ploy by the Virgin guy to get a few more days payment out of me....  time will tell.  As pointed out elsewhere it's my Ofcom legal right to take my number with me, so any sanfu will result in a complaint against Virgin with Ofcom.