cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv hub2: i need Multiple LAN connections

Hi there, just got the new hub but noticed only 2 LAN connections. I have 3 LAN connections (TV, PS4 & unfortunately EE mobile needs a booster for where I live!)

Any suggestions please (apart from changing my mobile network)

Cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV / Sky was a bit mean when it comes to Ethernet ports on their Hub 2 Router where 4 ports would have been more reasonable if you ask me.

Look at something like a "unmanaged" 4 port Gigabit Ethernet port Hub from places like Amazon, EBay etc for around £10 to £15.

I use a Trendnet 8 port unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switch on my NowTV Hub Router which is a plug & play device and simple to set up.

If you have an old router with 4 Ethernet ports then you could set that up in conjunction with the NowTV Hub Router has an Ethernet hub switch, but i believe there is more involved setting it up (thou i have never tried my old router has a Ethernet Hub with the NowTV Hub).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV / Sky was a bit mean when it comes to Ethernet ports on their Hub 2 Router where 4 ports would have been more reasonable if you ask me.

Look at something like a "unmanaged" 4 port Gigabit Ethernet port Hub from places like Amazon, EBay etc for around £10 to £15.

I use a Trendnet 8 port unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switch on my NowTV Hub Router which is a plug & play device and simple to set up.

If you have an old router with 4 Ethernet ports then you could set that up in conjunction with the NowTV Hub Router has an Ethernet hub switch, but i believe there is more involved setting it up (thou i have never tried my old router has a Ethernet Hub with the NowTV Hub).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Much appreciated Schnapps! 

Yeah old BT router had 4 ports. Will try both suggestions. Cheers 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Strangely enough my old Router is a BT Hub with four Ethernet ports, but i decided to go down the Gigabit Ethernet switch with my NowTV Hub Router mainly where i needed 7 number Ethernet ports for my connected internet devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you know how to connect old router into new now router we need 4 ports? Thanks 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=use+an+old+router+as+an+ethernet+switch&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If that looks too techy, or doesn’t work, get an Ethernet switch from Curry’s or Amazon, with the number of ports you need plus one, and connect that. No configuration needed.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.