cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv Router two overheating and crashing

My Router has been really unrealiable for the last 2 months at least with the internet crashing and having to hard reset my router to get the wifi and boradband to work again. The Router is constantly getting hot and once this happens the broadband speed goes down to nothing and web pages won't load and the wifi drops out. Once I restart the router it works again fine for a while but then repeats the above.

My router did have quite a few devices connected through wifi but I disconnected al devices not using the wifi and connected them with the cable instead but most the time i only have a few devices using it at a time but it still drops out and gets really hot.

I have spoken to support before and they just tld me I had too many devices connected but I feel the router has a defect maybe and could do with replacing. My router also seems to have lost signal strength aswell and now upstairs I have to use a cable to connect my laptop as the signal is so bad.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Over the last 10 days i have had repeated dropping out of broadband/internet and reported same to Now Broadband tech team. After several days of repeated line tests and apparent no line faults detected the team booked an Openreach engineer to check out the problem. The OpenReach engineer found a poor connection in the pole outside, fixed it, but the dropping out still continued.

After contacting the tech team again they concluded my Now router Hub 2 was probably faulty and sent me a new router. Yesterday, before I could install the new router I noticed a definite "electrical burning smell" and the top centre part of the original router was overly warm, but not too hot to touch.

I have now changed to the new Hub 2 router, which is mildly warm to touch on the centre top, but there may be a fire safety issue with the old router which requires investigating. Please email me to let me know what is to occur before I escalate the issue.