cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV app on Firestick not signing in

Hello,

When signing in I get a few different errors.  One is "unable to load video", another is "unknown_error_page".  The app then hangs/stalls and needs to be force stopped.

I have tried emptying my cache, also cleared data and also deleted and reinstalled the app. 

If I purposefully sign in with incorrect details it recognises that immediately. I can watch on a LG smart tv without issue but I do know want to sign out to sign back in again incase it fails.

Any suggestions on what could be happening here and how to fix it?  Any help if greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Roar

Edit: appologies I posted in the wrong location.  I am not sure how to move it and I can't delete it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserOkay I finally figured this out.  The app on my LG tv is 6.4.13 and is working but on the firestick was 2.19.0. 

I couldn't find the 6.4.13 version anywhere.  But I eventually realised there are two versions on the app store that are both 2.19.0 but only one will be downloadable depending on you location preferences.

Change the region to Ireland.

1. Sign into the Amazon account associated with your Firestick.
  2. Hover over Accounts and Lists and select Your content and devices.
  3. Click the Preferences tab.
  4. Click Country/Region Settings.
  5. Click Change next to your current country.

This is the Irish one:

https://www.amazon.com/Sky-UK-NOW/dp/B08W5CX48T/ref=sr_1_30?dchild=1&keywords=now&qid=1617450237&s=mobile-apps&sr=1-30

This is the UK one:

https://www.amazon.com/Sky-UK-NOW/dp/B08PL1TKY3/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_img_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RNRSVWRZX1F70YRKZVWZ

Thank you for the assistance. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this the rebranded NOW app? 

Are you using a VPN on the Fire stick? 

What I do know is that the Fire stick had an software update sometime last week. So it’s worthwhile checking to see if your Fire stick is updated? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Yes, it is the rebranded app , greenish/blueish hue backround with NOW rather than Nowtv. 

On the LG tv it is still the old yellow app. 

The firestick is brand new and the first thing it did when I turned it on was update. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Very odd, so I just put on the Fire Stick and got South Park working just fine on my 4K stick.

Are you trying both your email address and your roar1 username?

The reason I ask, is that I can log into NOW using either gavs82008 or my email address.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I only created the roar1 name to post here.  It was not created before.  I have not tried to sign in using it on the firestick (I am not near it atm) but when logging in with a windows PC to post this comment roar1 will not work as a sign in option "Sorry, we did not recognise either your username or password".  Where as I can sign in with my email without issue. 

Someone from Now contacted me and asked to try a different wifi but it has happened on two, I can try a third this evening.  Other apps stream successfully, so it cannot be the wifi imo.

The firestick is the 3rd gen 2020, rather than 4K. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue, and would be glad to know if you manage to resolve it.

I sometimes receive the unknown page error and sometimes the app just returns to the sign in page after I enter my credentials. I am also using the new app without a VPN. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  I have just tried to connect to hotspot as suggested.  Unsurprisingly it did not work.

I have never got it connected.  But also, it always just stalls/crashes the app.  It briefly says "unknown page error" then "unable to play video" then goes to the program select but cannot navigate anything.  It's crashed.  It has to be force stopped in "manage installed applications".

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User   @gavs82008  NowTV support contacted me on the back of this post.  A few things they suggested may help you but did nothing for me.

I suggest you change the region to Ireland.

1. Sign into the Amazon account associated with your Firestick.
  2. Hover over Accounts and Lists and select Your content and devices.
  3. Click the Preferences tab.
  4. Click Country/Region Settings.
  5. Click Change next to your current country.

As a side note can I just say the support is awful!  Atrocious.  Today I was contacted about signing up to Amazon Prime app on my Roku device!!  Neither of which has anything to do with my case. Then they blame amazon "if it still doesn’t work, it’s an Amazon issue please contact the Amazon Help Centre". 

Do Amazon design they're app?  Is it not tested before being put on the app store?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Many thanks for sending on that update.

Changing my location, as per your message, worked for me. Apparently my Amazon account location was set to UK rather than Ireland since I have addresses in both jurisdictions. After changing address and restarting the device several times, I was able to download another version of the app appropriate to my current location.

I hope you can get to the bottom of your own issue soon too.

Regards,

M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of interest, how are you downloading the app?  I changed my location to Ireland but I can not see the app on the amazon website to "send to firestick".  Only through "customers also downloaded" in the appstore on the firestick itself.  What version of the app did you get working?  And is this a different version than before?

My app version is 2.19.0