cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack1

NowTV - My Warm Up Connection Issue

My Heating App will connect but having issues connecting to server. I have check on mobile hotspot and have no issues. 

Has anybody else got this issue

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Jack1 

Make sure Broadband Buddy is Off, or set to 18+

It may be thinking your heating app is a bit steamy for a young ‘un 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
CBP13

Jack, you may want to look at this thread on  Sky's Community as it seems someone has flagged the same issue. NowTV boxes are essentially rebadged Sky boxes.   
It all realtes to Firmware upgrade, and I am having something similar where my Yale Smart Lock wifi-bridge won't connect. Yale know that it is Sky/NowTV as they have had loads of calls about it apparently and they pushed me back to NowTV.  I cannot get NowTV to acknowledge it. 

They say on the Sky forum that the "rogue" firmware is  7.03.0500.R , whereas my NowTV firmware is  4.33.0500.R . I'm no expert, but I'm going to guess that 0500 R is the culprit and needs to either be updated or rolled back. 

Have a look on your router page (192.168.0.1 "admin"/"nowtv" user/password default).  Go to Mainenance > Router Status and see if you're on the same firmware.

seebee
Scholar

@Jack1 FYI - I noticed in the early hours of this morning that both my own HubTwo and the one at my mum's have rebooted and have rolled back to:
Firmware Version 4.33.0100.R
(they were both 4.33.0500.R before) so it looks like NOW are sending a roll back - it might take a few days until everyone gets it.