cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Hub Two - default username and password?

I've been given a second hand NowTV Hub Two to replace the first version I had - primarily to be able to use 5Ghz as opposed to 2.5Ghz.

Having reset to factory defaults using the button on the rear, I connected the hub to my old connections and everything appears to work fine!

Unfortintealy I can't log in to change te any router settings. I was able to log into my old hub using the defaults:

username: admin

password: nowtv

But these do not appear to work with the new Hub Two I have. I have performed a hard reset using the button on the rear of the hub but this does not solve anything.

Has the default username and password changed for this model of hub?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Nope, you’ve got the right username and password - they haven’t changed. Are you sure you did a factory reset though? If you don’t hold down the reset button button long enough it just reboots the router, which will keep all previous settings. Instead hold down the reset button and look at the power light on the front - after a few seconds it will start to blink a few times and then go back to solid again - don’t let go of the reset button until it’s solid again (probably around 10-12 seconds). This will factory reset the hub.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Nope, you’ve got the right username and password - they haven’t changed. Are you sure you did a factory reset though? If you don’t hold down the reset button button long enough it just reboots the router, which will keep all previous settings. Instead hold down the reset button and look at the power light on the front - after a few seconds it will start to blink a few times and then go back to solid again - don’t let go of the reset button until it’s solid again (probably around 10-12 seconds). This will factory reset the hub.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So often the simplest of solutions 🙂

Fixed my issue - thank you!