cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV DNS Issues

Hey, 

I am regularly having issues with DNS on NowTV, requiring a restart of the router to fix. 

E.g. currently, I am unable to NSLookup to Microsoft.com, or Azure.com. I have confirmed this from the router control panel page also. 

The other day, I was unable to do any NSLookups using NowTV DNS, yet was happily able to ping e.g. 8.8.8.8, suggesting the issue is with NowTV DNS rather than the connectivity as a whole

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

See my reply in this thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Ordering-NowTV-for-my-new-home/td-p/560391/jump-to/first-unread-message

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also finding Now / NowTV DNS pretty awful.

As other have mentioned, enabling 'DoH' (DNS over HTTPS) clears the problem for browsers.

For other devices I had to be more creative, as the provided router doesn't give the option to change the DNS given out.

If you can't manually alter the DNS of your devices to something more reliable (such as 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 or 8.8.8.8) then you can turn of the DHCP service on your NowTV router and use another server/old router to serve up IP addresses with the NowTV router as the gateway/default route and a different DNS... not for the faint of heart though!