cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Weirdo
Advocate

Re: NowTV Broadband Hub Weak Signal

Been using Now TV's fibre service since February and can't wait til 25th May when I switch back to BT Infinity.

The Now TV router really is rubbish. I was with BT previously and never had an issue at all. But I now get frequent drop outs due to the crappy wifi signal. The router is also quite basic compared to the BT homehub.

Good thing that I'm not tied to a 12 month contract.
0 Thanks
Mancmonkee
Advocate

0 Thanks
Weirdo
Advocate

Thanks. But Now TV will not give out the broadband username and password though. So won't be able to use any other router other than theirs.
0 Thanks
Sankalp
Advocate

Need similar help. The signal doesn't reach bedroom and drops off in some other rooms 

0 Thanks
kevob
Mentor

my wireless keeps dropping and not allowing phones etc to connect - got wifi boosters everywhere so signal ok - phone keeps requesting ip address then cant connect try again etc. done hard reset, reconnected all still nothing - any other advice apart from bin it?

0 Thanks
Ness46
Advocate

Hi

I'm a new user of the NOWTV Combo.  I am generally delighted with it, but I cannot print because the signal strength is not good enough in our study upstairs.    I had no problem with my Sky router at all.  Can someone please tell me what I can do to get a better signal.  I have huge amounts of printing to do and my printer is too big for me to bring it downstairs (I am disabled).

thanks

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Champion

@Ness46

Hi Ness

I believe a wi-fi extender should solve your problem, simply because they are designed to extend wi-fi Internet signals to hard-to-reach areas in your home.

However, as I personally do not use such a device I cannot recommend a make or model you can to try.

UK Bob

schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ness46

You could try changing the WiFi channels on your Router to see if that improves things.

Here's a link thread with instructions how to change the WiFi channels on a NowTV Router.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Combo/Now-to-broadband-wifi-connection-weak/m-p/416939/highlig...

If the above doesn't work then you may need to look at a WiFi extender which @ukbobboy suggested or if your Printer has an Ethernet port, then maybe look at Ethernet Home Power Plugs.

Hopefully other helpful forum members will offer some further suggestions and advice.

0 Thanks
Kippers

Hi,
Having the same problem, could I have the email as well.

Thanks
0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kippers

Welcome to the forum. Try rebooting your broadband hub as this should make it choose the best wireless channel for your environment, which may improve matters for you. If not, you can manually change the wireless settings by (assuming you are a Combo customer) going to

http://192.168.0.1/Now_TV_wireless_channel.html

and logging into your router (username: admin password: nowtv unless changed by you) and choosing a different wireless channel (1, 6 or 11 preferably).

If you are still having problems after that you can always give the Combo Team a call and they can look into things further for you.

0 Thanks