First Poster

Re: NowTV Broadband Hub Weak Signal

Also having signal issues, would like info on how to extend. Thanks
0 Thanks
BDobra
First Poster

Hi there,

Is anyone out there who has a solution to boost the hub's signal?  It's only a few meters away from the bedroom, but we have no sinal there at all. I reset it a few times already, made no different. Any help would be appriciated! Thanks in advance

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@BDobra

Welcome to the forum. 

Rebooting the Hub should force it to choose the best wireless channel for your environment (unless you've changed it manually from auto) but it may be you need to experiment with a few different wireless channels to see if this helps.

You might also experiment with placement of the hub, generally speaking you want it as central, as high up and as far away from electrical interference, metal obstructions and solid walls as possible.

However whilst the Hub doesn't have the best wireless performance, if your bedroom is just a few metres away from the Hub with one wall between then I'd expect you to still see the network even if you're on a poor choice of wireless channel. If you cannot see the network at all there may well be an issue with the Hub itself, so I'd suggest giving the Broadband Team a call tomorrow and let them take you through some troubleshooting steps.

RonByRon
Occasional Poster

Not sure how you all got on with this being that it's a few months on, but I recently switched from Sky to NOW broadband and I was lucky enough that Sky left me with a Sky Booster.

If you can get hold of one of these it makes a huge difference to the coverage.

It doesn't "officially" work with the NOW router, but just resetting the Booster and then pressing the WPS button on the NOW router followed by the WPS button on the booster should allow them to connect.

I have an extension and no signal gets through the old external walls, adding this has given me full signal throughout the house.

0 Thanks
Kat16
First Poster

Tried changing the channel but the signal is still only 2 bars between rooms on the same floor with thin walls, it really should be this bad.  It's a new router, suggestions?

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 2

@Kat16 @RonByRon

Hi Kat

Ron's post, which is directly above yours, suggests that you try a Sky Booster, which you will find here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005O7ZUPE/ref=asc_df_B005O7ZUPE53233257/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=221...

Good Luck.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Steve63
Occasional Poster

Just moved to now tv broadband but the coverage is very limited ie to one room is the box faulty ? How can I improve the coverage as this is almost unusable for our household not practical to be restricted to one rooM in the house any hints or tips ? Never had this problem with previous provider. Is it to late to cancel ?

0 Thanks
A_A
Occasional Poster

In a worse case scenario, and not that you should have to, you could disable DHCP on your existing/old router, then connect to the ethernet of the nowtv router.  This would allow you to use your old router with the nowtv router and both the wireless from your nowtv router and your old router.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Steve63 Welcome to the community. The Hub 2 provided by NOW TV is a pretty good router (rebadged Sky Q router) and you should get good wifi coverage from it. If you've tried rebooting it (to make sure it selects suitable wifi channels) and you've followed the usual placement recommendations (central location, away from potential sources of interference, open area) as far as you are able and you still have trouble then I'd suggest giving the Broadband Team a call, they can troubleshoot and send out a new hub if needed.

You can find the telephone number for the Broadband Team by going to your My Account >Broadband and Calls page

https://account.nowtv.com/my-package

and click the Moving Home section.

Fruch
First Poster

We’re having the same problems. WiFi signal from the Hub 2 is so weak that the extender I bought can’t connect to the network unless it’s right next to the router, which totally defeats the point. Changing channel makes no difference.  I’ve used up all my mobile data allowance this month because I can’t get the WiFi I’ve paid for in my own home! 

Only other thing to try is moving the router, but not many options if it has to be plugged in to the master phone socket with a 1m cable. 

Really disappointed with Now TV Fibre optic. By far the worst we’ve ever had. 

0 Thanks