cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Broadband Hub Weak Signal

Hi

I switched my broadband from BT to NowTV on 5th December.  We are still in the 10 day settling in period so I expect to see speed fluctuations but the issue we have is with the signal from the hub.  The signal is very weak and starts to drop to 2 or 3 bars after moving just 3 metres away and does not get to the back rooms at all.  I have positioned the router in the same place as the BT hub, and pressed reset to get the best channel (though this should not be an issue as neither of our nextdoor neighbours has broadband).  We have no other lines we can try to use.  Is this issue common, and will it resolve itself after the 10 day period?  At the moment this is impacting many of our "connected" kit in the house.

From reading other threads my understanding is that NowTV broadband can only be supplied via the NowTV hub and that buying a new router will not work.  Is this correct?

I know an extender may help, but we don't really want to pay for one as we did not need one with BT, and I'm wondering if the kit is faulty.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks!

50 REPLIES 50
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Read this whole thread, all 5 pages, in which there are many solutions discussed.

One of them may well be relevant to your particular problem.

You could, though, start by putting your router as high up as possible in the lounge,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. The hub just has been installed and the wifi is already impossible to reach in the bedroom next to the hub.

email me the instructions to enhance it please.

thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you help me to improve my signal strength too can’t get decent broadband upstairs 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Need similar help. The signal doesn't reach bedroom and drops off in some other rooms 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my wireless keeps dropping and not allowing phones etc to connect - got wifi boosters everywhere so signal ok - phone keeps requesting ip address then cant connect try again etc. done hard reset, reconnected all still nothing - any other advice apart from bin it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I'm a new user of the NOWTV Combo.  I am generally delighted with it, but I cannot print because the signal strength is not good enough in our study upstairs.    I had no problem with my Sky router at all.  Can someone please tell me what I can do to get a better signal.  I have huge amounts of printing to do and my printer is too big for me to bring it downstairs (I am disabled).

thanks

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Ness

I believe a wi-fi extender should solve your problem, simply because they are designed to extend wi-fi Internet signals to hard-to-reach areas in your home.

However, as I personally do not use such a device I cannot recommend a make or model you can to try.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You could try changing the WiFi channels on your Router to see if that improves things.

Here's a link thread with instructions how to change the WiFi channels on a NowTV Router.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Combo/Now-to-broadband-wifi-connection-weak/m-p/416939/highlight/true#M606

If the above doesn't work then you may need to look at a WiFi extender which @ukbobboy suggested or if your Printer has an Ethernet port, then maybe look at Ethernet Home Power Plugs.

Hopefully other helpful forum members will offer some further suggestions and advice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - I'm having the same problem, the signal within the rom the hub is located is really quite weak, I was with Sky previously with  no WIFI signal dropout, but this is pretty poor signal wise...any suggestions ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have gone live today, and are paying for the top fibre you offer. However our signal is really bad compared to our old sky fibre. Please help?