cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Broadband Checker Incorrect!

Hey!

I have been going around in circles for the past week for a few reasons. My grandparents are moving into a newly built estate, this meant I had some issues with sales advisors at the call center not being properly trained, or the lack of the correct process for the advisors to place an order for a property which is registered with Royal Mail but not Openreach, a silver status address.

I was told by 4 different advisors that they could not place an order if this was the case, and that OR had to 'update their system' so that an order could be placed.

I spoke with a nice person from OR who told me that I was being misinformed by NowTV and that an order had to be placed on the silver status address, and a Openreach Data Integrity request had to be completed - this would trigger the OR address matching team to match the address and process the order. 

I then phoned NowTV to tell them what to do (I am pretty sure this isn't meant to be how it works? Oh this was the 5th call, all with a 40 min hold wait) who then said 'Oh, we don't offer any services to that postcode'

Yes... you do?

I was then given about 5 different excuses as to why they couldn't provide FTTC to the address ranging from there is no phone line in the estate to how NowTV's 'cabinet port allocation' has been reached... I can see the external BT NTE right in front of me! Plus OR doesn't sell capacity in advance to specific ISPs.

Sky and BT are more than happy to offer me FTTC at this address, the cabinet is not at capacity, in terms of properties as you wouldn't know until the order was actually placed.

I have checked lots of postcodes for each of the cabinets served by the exchange that covers my grandparents' new house and all of them say no service available. This must mean that the database advisors (and the online checker) use is just completenly wrong.

Even in a world where Openreach sold 'cabinet ports' to the highest bidder I would still be able to get service because Sky are happy to place an order for FTTC at the address and there is absolutely nothing different between the two except there is simply a 'flag' on that line to differenciate the traffic from Sky/NowTV - NowTV fibre is just Sky fibre being resold. It is exactly the same.

I know that I am not being forced to go with NowTV, but since this is for my grandparents, their budget is understandably low for stuff like this and with anytime calls, NowTV is way over half the price of BT, Sky etc.

Any ideas on how to actually get someone who knows what they are doing to fix this?

Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0