cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Broadband Buddy

Hi,

What has happened to Broadband Buddy?  When I try and access it using my saved favourite or from the link in help section, I cannot actually access the settings? I just get an ad to sign up to an entertainment package!

http://account.nowtv.com/broadband-buddy/settings/

I use this daily to control family access to various sites etc.  It was in a "Turned Off" state before I lost access, so although we can at least access all sites, I have lost all access control.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

From my link on the post above, click on the green drop down arrow below Broadband Buddy to see the Broadband Buddy change settings button.

It seems i was wrong when clicking on the above button the Broadband Buddy page screen layout looks similar to your link.

if you are going around in circles, then get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team for further assistance & help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Broadband Buddy is still accessible and working for me using MS Edge.

Have you tried another internet browser or another device with a browser on it.

If using a VPN on your internet browsing device then maybe disable it and check the url address bar when attempting to go into Broadband Buddy Settings page that in the middle of the url address it mentions gb.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The link page you posted looks like the older version of the Broadband Buddy page to me.

Maybe instead of using your favourite page, access the Broadband Buddy page from a fresh tab on your internet web browser then if it opens add to favourites has a new screen page and then delete the old saved favourites page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the tips - I have tried different devices, browsers. It was working up until a few days ago.

Can you please post the link you use to access? When I log on to my account I can't actually find a link to broadband buddy, and the link I posted above is still the one listed in the Now TV help pages for how to access Broadband Buddy.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

From my link on the post above, click on the green drop down arrow below Broadband Buddy to see the Broadband Buddy change settings button.

It seems i was wrong when clicking on the above button the Broadband Buddy page screen layout looks similar to your link.

if you are going around in circles, then get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team for further assistance & help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Not sure why but after trying I’m the usual way on my phone (use safari as had BB page bookmarked on Homescreen) and also my laptop using edge, I clicked your link using chrome on my phone and I could then access BB again! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, using safari again I just accessed the original page / address using a new Private tab, and after a refresh or display d the BB setting page.

sorry kids - no more YouTube !!