cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV 2 Box Differnet SSID

Hi,

Have the NowTV box setup, but I can not set the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands to have different SSIDs

Anyone know how I can change this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try this.

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try this.

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks just what I was looking for 🙂

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I might be able to have a look at this Monday evening; perhaps someone else can answer sooner.

But why do you want to do this?

I used to have a WiFi extender that had a different SSID from the main router, and it was a complete pain when wandering the house, iPad in hand, as it crossed the boundary between the different SSIDs.

But now, with the same SSID on both bands on my router, when I wander away from the better but less far-reaching 5Ghz signal, the switch to 2,4Ghz is seamless.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Reason is I like to split devices between the 2.4 and 5Ghz networks depending on what the device is.

Things like Fire sticks I prefer to put on 2.4ghz but my PC prefer on 5ghz